In this article we will discuss to Root Mi A1 with Android Oreo. Currently no versions of TWRP Custom Recovery work on the Android 8.0 ROM, we will Root Mi A1 without custom recovery. Until the Official TWRP released to Root Mi A1 with Android Oreo this is the method you can use.
[Tutorial]Root Mi A1 with Android Oreo[Step-by-Step]:->
- Download this Boot.img and move it to internal memory.
- Download and install Magisk Manager.
- In Magisk Manager > go to Install > Patch kernel image > and find copied boot.img file on your device’s Intenal memory.
- It should start patching kernel.
- Copy patched boot to PC. Default Loation is:- /sdcard/MagiskManager/patched_boot.img.
- Boot your Mi A1 in fastboot mode and check the Android 8.0.0 slot by typing this command in terminal:
fastboot getvar current-slot
- Now flash the patched boot image to the corresponding Android 8.0 slot by using the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img OR fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
- Now use following command to reboot your phone:
- Done!!! Now you’ve enabled Root Mi A1.