Custom ROM Porting Guide for Helio P10 MT6738, MT6750 & MT6755:
In this post we will learn about Custom ROM Porting Guide for Helio P10 MT6738, MT6750 & MT6755. These Chipsets are the part of Helio P10. Currently, the following processors are built-on Helio P10 hardware:
1. MT6738 = 1.5 GHz + 1.0 GHz (Mali-T860MP2 – 500 MHz)
2. MT6750 = 1.5 GHz + 1.0 GHz (Mali-T860MP2 – 500 MHz)
3. MT6750T = 1.5 GHz + 1.0 GHz (Mali-T860MP2 – 700 MHz)
4. MT6755 = 1.8 or 2.0 GHz + 1.2 GHz (Mali-T860MP2 – 700 MHz)
5. MT6755T (Helio P15) = 2.2 GHz + 1.2 GHz (Mali-T860MP2 – 800 MHz)
– Compatible Chipset: MT6750, MT6735, MT6737, MT6753, MT6755.
– Kernel version: 3.18.35
– Android version: AOSP (based) Nougat (7.0 & 7.1.x)
– Windows (if you like)
– Carliv Image Kitchen
– Lot of time and knowledge of the basics
Steps For Porting:
Step 1: Making the patch
1. Download this file Download
2. Replace its contents with that from your stock Nougat ROM.
Step 2: Patching the system
1. Download and install Ubuntu.
2. Clone SuperR’s kitchen (use Google)
3. Open SuperR’s Kitchen
4. Select option 1 and give it a name e.g stock
5. Copy your stock boot.img and ystem.img (or Stock ROM’s zip file it’s not SP Flashable)
6. Paste in the folder according to SuperR’s Kitchen
7. Press option 4 in SuperR’s kitchen
8. After extraction, choose option 8 (ROM tools).
9. Press 7 on the next screen.
10. Choose Build ZIP.
11. For Permissions mode, choose “set_metadata”
12. For mount points, choose “From boot/recovery”.
You’ll get a ROM_NAME.zip in the superr_ROM_NAME folder.
13. Repeat the process for port ROM
14. Go back to Windows (if you like)
15. Extract both stock and port
16. Copy the files in the patch that you made earlier
17. Paste them in Port ROM and replace the existing ones
18. Edit build.prop and change these values according to stock build.prop: ro.product.board, ro.mediatek.platform, ro.sf.lcd_density, ro.hw_rotation
Step 3: Making the updater-script
1. Download this file Download
2. Extract it and copy su.d folder to port’s System folder.
3. Open your port rom’s META-INF folder and open its updater script.
4. Copy everything from the line: #SYM to the last line of “set_metadata”
5. Open the updater script from the extracted TEMP-METAINF folder
6. Delete everything starting from line: #SYM to the last line of “set_metadata”
7. Paste the lines you copied from port’s updater-script on step 4 of this part.
8. From TEMP-METAINF updater-script, delete the lines from “ui_print(“BEGIN UPATING 9. FIRMWARE”);” to the end.
9. Save the updater-script.
10. Delete the META-INF folder from port ROM.
11. Copy paste that of TEMP-METAINF to port ROM
Step 4: Patching the boot.img
USE STOCK BOOT.IMG DIRECTLY (JUMP TO FINISHING UP PART).
But if that fails, you will need to patch the boot.img
1. Unpack port and stock boot files with Carliv Image Kitchen
2. Copy these files from port boot: default.prop, init.environ.rc
3. Paste them in stock ramdisk and replace
4. Open init.rc with Notepad++ in stock ramdisk and find this line:
setprop selinux.reload_policy 1 Replace its value from 1 to 0
5. Open boot.img-cmdline of your stock extracted boot and add this to it:
androidboot.selinux=permissive buildvariant=userdebug It will look something like: bootopt=64S3,32N2,64N2 androidboot.selinux=permissive buildvariant=userdebug
6. If port boot has proprietary files like init.flyme.rc, ini.miui.rc, init.sony-xxxx.rc, you must copy them to stock ramdisk and find the init file in which they should be imported by referring to port’s ramdisk. These are usually init.rc and init.mt67xx.rc
7. Pack the stock boot and copy it back to your port rom.
Step 5: Finishing up
1. Select META-INF, system and boot.img from your port ROM
2. Zip them
3. Boot to TWRP and test.
Bug Fixing & Cross Porting
This was all about Custom ROM Porting Guide for Helio P10 MT6738, MT6750 & MT6755 devices. For fixing bugs and Cross Porting ROMs visit these link here: