We are back here with the another ROM this time, i.e Citrus-CAF 3.6 Custom ROM for Redmi 5A with Android Nougat version 7.1.2. The ROM is bugless and smooth with no lag at all. The custom squash function allows you to customize your device and make it more beautiful. The download link is given below.
From AOSIP Team
Citrus-CAF, unlike the name suggests, was initially based off CyanogenMod, in the early days of Marshmallow, we even had another name at that point. Later, taking into consideration feedbacks of the very first slew of testers and carefully studying the needs and demands of our users, we rebased the project to Code Aurora Sources, more commonly known as CAF. Time went by and Nougat released, and we decided that it was time, Citrus-CAF had to see the daylight. We rebased everything to the brank spanking Nougat released. Later we realized the true potential of CAF tags, how each of them altered the device performance on different SOCs. After a lot of thinking, we decided to keep different sources for difference SOCs in our git and hours of debugging later, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 was the first device to get a taste of our Tangy Nougat. In the beginning, it was just two people behind , but in time, a lot of people joined us, as each giving their own contibutions.
Citrus-CAF was built to create an amazing combination of customization, performance and most of the demanded features by our users, whereas we’ve Cardinal, to deliver minimal customizations, but the greatest stability!
Meanwhile, all of our Tangy sources are publicly available on our Github. We also do own a Google+ Community, where you can…. uhm… you know, do what all others do at forums and communities! (Just kidding, we got builds over there and a feature-wish bucket too :P) Hope you enjoy your stay and taste the Tanginess of our work!
Out of lemon, with love!
NOTE: There’s nothing like, “we’ve decided to keep the customization’s minimum, so as to provide stock AOSP experience, but with necessary features”, cause this isn’t Cardinal. This is Citrus
Features: Citrus-CAF 3.6 Custom ROM for Redmi 5A Nougat 7.1.2
1. Main Features ➡ Battery percentage ➡ Battery Styles [Including AOSPA Style] ➡ Charging Symbol Near Charging Percentage [Flash Logo etc] ➡ Show AM/PM toggle ➡ Time alignment ➡ Battery LED (shows only if device supports) ➡ Lights with screen on (only if device supports) ➡ Play music QS,NFC,Reboot and many extra tile ➡ Moved SystemUI to Custom Squash ➡ Quick Setting Customizations[Toggle for QS Tile Titles ,Control number of columns and rows,upto 8 QS Tiles] ➡ Carrier label [Advanced] ➡ Network traffic ➡ Power Notification controls [By Default] ➡ Enable/Disable Logo on Status Bar ➡ Ticker Style [KK Style Notifications] ➡ Display Bluetooth Battery status ➡ Advanced Data, Bt, WiFi , Qs toggle ➡ USB tether Tile ➡ QS Header image ➡ Scrollable QQS Tiles ➡ Custom Header Included ➡ Weather Settings ➡ Citrus-CAF Logo, Custom Icons (Sports,Gaming,DC etc..) with 3 Positions (left,right,center) ➡ Statusbar Weather ➡ Notification Count ➡ Battery Bar and Customizations ➡ Roaming indicator switch ➡ VoLTE Icon ➡ Media player Queue on Notification ➡ AutoBrightness toggle in QS ➡ Expanded desktop tile ➡ Data disabled icon toggle ➡ Reboot/recovery tile ➡ Camera sound toggle
2. UI Tweaks ➡ Expanded Desktop ➡ Wake on Plug Toggle ➡ Volume Steps ➡ Customize Other Sounds ➡ Less Notification Sound ➡ Increasing Ring ➡ Custom logos ➡ Unlink Notification and Ringer Volume ➡ Qs Quick pull-down ➡ Enabled Night Light ➡ Notification Lights and Customizations ➡ Option to Disable Safe Headsets volume ➡ Screen Color Controls ➡ Screenshot Type Toggle ➡ Custom Squash Summary Text ➡ Google Assistant enabled by default [Needs Gapps ] ➡ FP Unlock (Unlock Device with FP after Reboot) ➡ New Ambient Stuff ➡ Add importance level to block lock screen notification ➡ Locksceen Rotation ➡ Immersive Recents ➡ Blur Personalization ➡ Restart SystemUI option in reboot menu ➡ Screen Recorder [Advanced]
3. Buttons ➡ DUI - Fling & Smartbar & Pulse ➡ Full Hardware key custom rebinding ➡ Disable HW Buttons and Backlight (Control Backlight as well) ➡ Volume Rocker Wake ➡ Volume keys Music Playback control ➡ Volume up for DND ➡ Volume Down to exit DND ➡ Show/Hide DND switch on volume panel ➡ Force Volume key to control media volume ➡ Allow Home button when ringing ➡ Advanced Power Menu ➡ HW Key Screen Pinning
4. Lock Screen ➡ Lockscreen visualizer toggle ➡ Double tap to sleep on lockscreen ➡ Lockscreen media art toggle ➡ Lockscreen Items ➡ Lockscreen Charging Info ➡ FP Unlock at start ➡ Lockscreen torch ➡ Lockscreen Shortcuts ➡ Enable/Disable haptic feedback for successful finger print authentication ➡ Display Music Visualizer ➡ OmniJaws weather on lock screen ➡ Locksceen Rotation
5. Misc ➡ Enable/Disable SIM Cards [Device Specific] ➡ Toast Icon ➡ App OPS ➡ Custom Summary ➡ Clear All Fab ➡ Memory Bar at recents ➡ One Handed Mode ➡ Three Finger Screenshot ➡ Scrolling Cache ➡ Where to play Ringtones from ➡ Omni Music FX ➡ Accidental Touch feature ➡ Ambient Lift-to-Wake ➡ Battery status on Ambient display ➡ Jelly Browser[Integrated] ➡ Margarita Theme [Our own Tangy Citrus Theme] ➡ Sensor block per-package ➡ Added Adb over network, Accidental Touch, Notification, Lift-to-Wake QS tile
Substratum ➡ Full substratum support.
➡ Initial build for riva ➡ Merged march security patch ➡ Fixed DT2W toogle on/off ➡ Enabled cpuset for stable performance and battery backup ➡ Fixed bluetooth MAC address reading ➡ Youtube playback upto 1080p ➡ Fixed IR permissions ➡ Removed xiaomi doze ➡ Enabled vm_bms services for faster file system bus ➡ Enabled hvdcp for 10 % charge faster
➡ Slow charging notification on lock screen ignore it false infomation.. ➡ Low light camera issue when use third party camera apps like gcam etc ..
1. Download the ROM and copy it on your SD Card
2. Reboot the device into Recovery mode. (Backup the current ROM if necessary)
3. Select wipe and choose cache, dalvik cache, system etc. and proceed.
4. Reboot your phone into recovery mode again.
5. Flash the ROM from your SD Card.
6. Flash the patch (if available).
7. Flash the Gapps
8. Reboot your device again and wait for 5 or 10 minutes or even bit longer
7. Enjoy Now !
Credits & Download Link
– All Redmi 5A testors..
Download Citrus-CAF 3.6 Custom ROM for Redmi 5A
For Other Custom ROM related to Redmi 5A (Riva) you may visit Redmi 5A Custom ROM Category. Also keep visiting this website for latest Custom ROMs. The development won’t stop & you will be getting more ROMs.